Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Thankful Attempt at Buttercreme, Thanksgiving Cookies

I was starting to learn about different types of icing by the time Thanksgiving came around. For a Thanksgiving party I made these footballs and pumpkins. My 2 year old LOVED the footballs!
I am aware that I am totally sports illiterate seeing as how I made the footballs with black “lines” and have since been informed, by a number of sources, that they are supposed to be white “lines.” I will be making them differently next time I attempt a football.
The Buttercreme is DELICIOUS, my favorite tasting icing. The downfall is that they don’t “dry” it stays squishy. If I stack the cookies they will mess each other up. So for a party that is in an hour and you bring your cookies on a platter, buttercreme will be a hit! For shipping or making ahead, the marshmallow icing or royal icing is probably your better bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All content and images on this site are copyright protected and owned by me, Emily Hodgson unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal, copy, borrow or edit anything on this site. If you are interested in using my content please email me.