Monday, August 29, 2011

Race for the Cure

This cookie has been the most special cookie that I have created. It holds many many memories and feelings. This past year my mother and I started training to run 5ks! I have ran 3 this summer and look forward to many many more. The Race for the Cure 5k was the most important because it reminded me of how close I came to losing my mom when we heard she was fighting breast cancer. I remembered the fear, worry and then the trusting in God, the doctors and medicine to save my mom! As we all know by now I need an outlet for my emotions....



We didn't care about the time, skill or form while on this race I was just glad to complete it side by side with my mom!

1 comment:

  1. You remember all that Emily? It was so long ago and so much of it I kept from you because the cancer scare was so inconsequential in the end. We (our group of friends) also had a friend facing a losing health battle at the time, and I didn't want to take focus off her. While mine was dealt with with a simple surgery, her battle was won by the release from the bounderies of her body. The cancers women face, breast, unerine, ovarian...among others... are always scary. Many women go through long and intense battles while God has always chosen to give me a simple cure. Why is that? He does it with my mom, too, and you, too Emily. We have serious ailments that could actually kill us, but they are found quickly and efficiently. Why? You could have died a couple of weeks ago, and yet... you live with a simple surgery. What is God's plan for our lives? How many miracles does he perform EVERY DAY for us that we don't even know about?

    ReplyDelete

All content and images on this site are copyright protected and owned by me, Emily Hodgson unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal, copy, borrow or edit anything on this site. If you are interested in using my content please email me.